Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) & Intercultural Conflict Style (ICS)
IDI | Intercultural Development Inventory Overview
The Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®) is the premier cross-cultural assessment of intercultural competence that is used by thousands of individuals and organizations to build intercultural competence to achieve international and domestic diversity and inclusion goals and outcomes. IDI research in organizations and educational institutions confirms two central findings when using the IDI:
- Interculturally competent behavior occurs at a level supported by the individual’s or group’s underlying orientation as assessed by the IDI.
- Training and leadership development efforts at building intercultural competence are more successful when they are based on the individual’s or group’s underlying developmental orientation as assessed by the IDI.
In contrast to many “personal characteristic” instruments, the IDI is a cross-culturally valid, reliable, and generalizable measure of intercultural competence along the validated intercultural development continuum (adapted, based on IDI research, from the DMIS theory developed by Milton Bennett). Further, the IDI has been demonstrated, through research, to have high predictive validity to both bottom-line cross-cultural outcomes in organizations and intercultural goal accomplishments in education.
Cost: $18 per person (staff/faculty), $12 per person (student)
ICS | Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory
A critical difficulty we face in our organizations and schools is that communication misunderstandings, conflicts, and problems across cultures are often grounded in very different approaches people take for resolving difficulties with one another. The ability to recognize and effectively respond to cultural differences in communication and conflict styles is critically important. ICS Inventory, LLC provides the Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory® (ICS®), developed by Mitchell R. Hammer, Ph.D., for resolving conflicts and solving problems across cultural boundaries. By completing the Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory, individuals will:
- Increase cultural self-understanding of their own communication and conflict resolution approach
- Increase cultural other-understanding—of diverse approaches others use to communicate ideas and resolve conflict
- Better manage stress and anxiety that is often present in conflict situations
- Use culturally responsive strategies in communicating your goals and interests to others
- More accurately interpret the statements and actions of the other party
The Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory is an 18-item questionnaire that is available online (in multiple languages) and in print (English language) versions. The ICS Inventory is an easy-to-use, cross-culturally validated assessment of an individual’s approach to communicating, resolving conflicts and solving problems. The ICS Inventory takes 15 minutes to complete.
Cost: $16 per person (faculty/staff/student)
If you are interested to learn more about how you and your team can sign up for the IDI and/or ICS trainings, please complete the inquiry form.