- This event has passed.
VP CDO Community Listening Sessions
April 27, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on April 27, 2020 at 2:00 pm
The University has launched a search for a Vice Provost for Equity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer (VP/ CDO). Our University recognizes and values the key roles that equity and inclusion play in our mission “….to serve as a center for research, scholarship, and creativity and to teach a diverse community of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students to become the next generation of leaders”.
The search committee is anxious to gather input from the Carolina community throughout this search, including during this early phase when we are developing the position description. The following questions have been developed to frame discussions about the Vice Provost for Equity and Inclusion/ Chief Diversity Officer and their role in the Carolina community:
· What three traits most clearly define the culture of UNC Chapel Hill?
· What do you envision as the top three goals for the Vice Provost for Equity & Inclusion/Chief Diversity Officer in the short term (6-months) and the longer term (five years)?
· What are the three most critical skills that the Vice Provost for Equity & Inclusion/Chief Diversity Officer needs to accomplish the top short- and long-term goals?
· How would you showcase the Vice Provost for Equity & Inclusion/ Chief Diversity Officer opportunity to a strong candidate who is currently happy in their role and not looking to make a career change?
As a reminder, we have developed two avenues for you to provide input:
1. Email the search committee at: VPCDO.firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Participate in a community listening session. The sessions are scheduled for:
* Use Zoom to actively participate
** Listening session will be streamed via You Tube
We hope you will use one or more of these avenues to share your thoughts about our Carolina community and the kind of leader who will help us to build our community together.
Dr. Suzanne Barbour, Dean Graduate School
|This message is sponsored by: Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost|