- This event has passed.
Standard Safe Zone Training
January 21, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Standard Safe Zone is a four-hour training is designed to introduce concepts, terminology and resources related to sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. There is a short intermission about half way through. Safe Zone trainees develop:
- A deeper awareness of personal ideas, stereotypes, and assumptions related to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA) individuals
- An increased comfort level in addressing concepts and language regarding LGBTIQA communities with the university community and with individuals
- An increased awareness of services on campus that support LGBTIQA and allied individuals
- A network of community and campus staff, faculty, and students to support people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions on campus.
Standard Safe Zone is a prerequisite for the two-hour Safe Zone Continuing Education trainings:
- Transgender and Non-binary
REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY.