- This event has passed.
Health Care Safe Zone Training
March 5, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Health Care Safe Zone training is a four-hour alternative to Standard Safe Zone that similarly introduces concepts, terminology and resources related to sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. The curriculum also covers LGBTQ health disparities, health resources and common health professional scenarios, along with a terminology primer and strategies for allyship.
This training is intended to address concerns particular to Health Care professionals, though it is open to all campus and community members.
Safe Zone trainees develop:
- A deeper awareness of personal ideas, stereotypes and assumptions related to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA) individuals,
- An increased comfort level in addressing concepts and language regarding LGBTIQA communities with the university community and with individuals,
- An increased awareness of services on campus that support LGBTIQ and allied individuals,
- A network of community and campus staff, faculty and students to support people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions on campus
Health Care Safe Zone is a prerequisite for the two-hour Safe Zone Continuing Education trainings:
- Safe Zone: Transgender and Nonbinary
- Safe Zone: Intersex