- This event has passed.
Expanding the Fight for Equality: The LGBTQ Community and Housing Discrimination
December 9, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
This online Continuing Legal Education program will focus on the legal fight to eliminate housing discrimination against the LGBTQ Community.
- Amy Whelan, Senior Staff Attorney, National Center for Lesbian Rights
- Alison Gill, Vice President for Legal and Policy issues, American Atheists
- Charly Gilfoil, Staff Attorney, Legal Aid of NC
- Ames Simmons, Policy Director, Equality NC
- Rev. Deborah Hopkins, Executive Director, There’s Still Hope shelter
- Vanity Deterville, LGBTQ Center of Durham
- Alexander Blades, LGBTQ Center of Durham
COST: $65 for attorneys obtaining 3.0 CLE credits, including .5 CLE of ethics (pending approval from State Bar). FREE for LANC staff, LANC volunteer attorney’s, law students and others not seeking CLE credits.
For more information, or for information on scholarships for low income individuals, please visit http://www.fairhousingnc.org, email email@example.com or contact the Fair Housing Project at 855-797-3247.
Sponsors: Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of NC; Equality NC; NC Justice Center; LGBTQ Center of Durham; OUTLAW, Duke Law School chapter; OUTLAW, Elon Law School Chapter; Lambda Law, UNC Law School chapter; NLG, UNC Law School chapter; City of Greensboro Human Relations Department; Raleigh Fair Housing Hearing Board; NC Human Relations Commission; Winston-Salem Human Relations Commission; City of Durham Department of Neighborhood Improvement Services, Human Relations Division; Charlotte/Mecklenburg Community Relations Commission; City of Fayetteville Fair Housing Board.
This Continuing Legal Education program is funded in part through a grant under the Fair Housing Initiatives Program with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).