- This event has passed.
Empowering Carolina Fall 2019: A Mental Health-Friendly Campus
October 30, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
The culture surrounding mental health continues to evolve nationally, as it does here at Carolina. At our spring Empowering Carolina event, we discussed ways UNC-CH is working to understand more about the needs of our campus community when it comes to mental health and wellness and ways our leadership, schools, departments, and organizations are supporting those needs. We’re building off those efforts for the fall Empowering Carolina, which will focus on our ongoing commitment to A Mental Health-Friendly Campus.
This year’s program includes:
- UNC-CH’s commitment to A Mental Health-Friendly Campus presented by Interim Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz
- Mental Health Toolkit presented by Derek Shields with the Employer Assistance and Resource Network (EARN)
- Mental Health Programs and Resources presented by representatives from CAPS, EAP, and student and staff wellness programs
- Announcement of the new Mental Health Workshops Program
- Update on the Count Me In Campaign
Check-in and the lunch buffet will start at 11:30 a.m. with the program starting promptly at 12:30 p.m. Registration required. Registration deadline: October 10.