- This event has passed.
Election 2020: What’s Next?
November 4, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
UNC Hussman is drawing on its network of expert communicators and journalists for a post-election discussion with students, faculty and staff.
The event is designed to give Hussman students, faculty and staff a forum that helps makes sense of election day results and the process going forward. In such a heated political season and a challenging social atmosphere, the discussion provides an alternative to post-election political fervor.
The current lineup for our discussion:
- Damon Circosta, Chair of the North Carolina State Board of Elections
- Paul Cuadros, UNC Hussman Associate Professor, Chair and Executive Director of the UNC Scholars’ Latino Initiative
- Ferrel Guillory, UNC Hussman Professor of the Practice and founder of the Program on Public Life (formerly the Program on Southern Politics, Media and Public Life)
- Shannon McGregor, UNC Hussman assistant professor and a senior researcher with the Center for Information, Technology, and Public Life
- Ted Shaw, Julius L. Chambers Distinguished Professor of Law and Director of the UNC Center for Civil Rights
- Michael Steel, Partner at Hamilton Place Strategies and former Press Secretary the U.S. Speaker of the House
- Chip Sweeney, Executive Producer for Carolina Week
- Ford Worthy, Co-founder of the VoteFearlessNC non-partisan citizen initiative
Dean Susan King will moderate and facilitate the discussion.