- This event has passed.
Diaspora Film Festival Lunch & A Movie Screening
October 10, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
As part of the Stone Center’s Diaspora Film Festival of Black and Independent Film Lunch and a Movie Series of short films, the following will be screened at lunchtime (click the RSVP link below 24 hours in advance and we’ll have free lunch waiting for you!):
- 77 Days – (14-minute short) After another stint in rehab, a young absentee mother is finally determined to put her life together. She is faced with the challenges of mending the fragile pieces of her damaged relationships with her sisters to get her son back.
- Hold On – (9-minute short narrative) Family bonds are tested when a young man is left to care for his grandmother one morning.
- The First Stone – (15-minute short narrative) Reigh is released from prison to find her family is torn apart at the seams and it’s up to her to put it back together.
- On Time – (8-minute short narrative) Renee Johnson, a mother living in South Central LA, must make a difficult decision when she’s late for her job interview.
- Smokd – (17-minute short narrative) Twelve grand jurors deliberate whether to indict – or not indict – a police officer who killed a man during an arrest.
Please click here to RSVP.