- This event has passed.
Connect, Engage, Transform: Rural Community Partnerships Conference
January 24, 2020 @ 8:00 am
The Carolina Center for Public Service, the Provost Initiative on Rural Engagement and Partnerships and other partners are hosting the Connect, Engage, Transform: Rural Community Partnerships conference on Friday, Jan. 24, 2020, at the UNC Friday Center for Continuing Education.
North Carolina is a predominantly rural state; 80 of 100 counties have a low enough population density to be considered rural. The state’s many rural communities offer tremendous strengths and assets for North Carolina, though they frequently face challenges around key drivers of well-being such as education, food security, employment opportunities, environmental resilience, housing and transportation.
At the Connect, Engage, Transform: Rural Community Partnerships conference, rural community representatives and UNC-Chapel Hill faculty, staff and students will come together to listen, learn and think creatively, informed by the past and focused on the future. This conference will bring together stakeholders from North Carolina’s rural communities and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to highlight and encourage authentic, effective and sustainable collaborations for the public good.
- Connect: highlight collaborative partnerships between UNC-Chapel Hill and rural communities in North Carolina by bringing together participants and presenters
- Engage: provide compelling and dynamic opportunities for interaction to support sustained and effective development of rural community partnerships
- Transform: encourage learning from each other to inform and strengthen ongoing and future initiatives between rural communities and UNC-Chapel Hill to promote the well-being of all
The conference registration deadline is Friday, Jan. 10, 2020.
All conference attendees must pre-register. We will not accept registrations after Jan. 10.
- UNC-Chapel Hill faculty, staff and affiliates: $60
- Community members: $30 (lodging assistance available, see below)
- Students: $20 with valid student ID at check-in
For more information, please visit ccps.unc.edu/cet-conference.