- This event has passed.
Black Voices in the Legal Sector: Sharing Experiences and Empowering Allies
June 12, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
The InterLaw Diversity Forum’s “Race & Ethnicity (BAME) Network” will host a panel entitled “Black Voices in the Legal Sector: Sharing Experiences and Empowering Allies.” The murder of George Floyd and others, and the events unfolding in Minneapolis, across the United States, and around the world have highlighted the violence, injustice and racism against black people + people of color in our societies.
Now is not the time for silence. InterLaw Diversity Forum wants to convene a space to allow black voices in the legal sector to come together to share their experiences, as well as to provide their guidance on how to be better allies to support them. As many of will agree, Interlaw knows that it is critical to convert this moment into positive actions to create sustainable change.
Speakers will include:
- Gretchen C. Bellamy, Senior Director, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and American Bar Association
- Charlene Brown, Co-Founder, Howlett Brown
- Sheldon Mills, Executive Director, Financial Conduct Authority and Chair, Stonewall
- Usha Puri-Dewage, Global Manager of Professional Development, Cooley LLP
- Laura Durrant, Director, Howlett Brown and Deputy Chair, InterLaw Diversity Forum