About Uplift PLUS
Uplift PLUS is an intensive, 5-week summer academic enrichment and college readiness program for Project Uplift participants. This program is only for NC residents. During the program, participants live on campus**, attend SAT/ACT coaching sessions and take English 100 (3 credits). Participants also engage in college application prep, research, leadership development, as well as a wide variety of experiential learning opportunities. Students must attend Project Uplift to participate in Uplift PLUS. There is no separate application for Uplift PLUS. Students must indicate on their Project Uplift application whether they would like to be considered for Uplift PLUS. The cost and deposit amount for Uplift PLUS 2022 is currently being determined.
This residential program, traditionally held on Carolina’s historic campus but **being conducted virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic, provides an immersive and engaging experience to prepare the next generation of scholar-leaders. By participating in Uplift PLUS, students will:
- Receive test-taking strategies and resources for the ACT & SAT
- Take the English 100 course and earn three college credits from UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Receive direct instruction from Carolina’s world-renowned faculty and one-on-one mentoring from current Carolina students.
- Participate in research and leadership development while gaining exposure to various schools and units at UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Engage one-on-one with representatives from UNC offices of Admissions and Scholarships & Student Aid.
- Participate in academic, social, cultural and experiential learning activities.