The Project Uplift Experience
All Project Uplift sessions are held from Thursday to Saturday. Below is a sample of the various experiences and events that occur during each Project Uplift session.
- PU Games: Project Uplift Counselors take you through a series of fun and interactive activities that will teach you valuable information about yourself and others!
- The Carolina Classroom: Experience what it is like to be a Carolina student. In this session, you will participate in a mock classroom with Carolina faculty.
- College & Academic Resource Information Fair: Meet with Admissions Counselors from various North Carolina colleges and universities and connect with representatives from various campus and community groups to learn more about student services and student involvement.
- SAT/ACT for Me: Learn important tips and tricks to raise your SAT or ACT scores, with A+ Test Prep.
- Scholarship & Student Aid: Learn the ins and outs about paying for college, with UNC ﬁnancial aid counselors.
- Admissions: Learn all about UNC and the admissions process with information from the Oﬃce of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Academic Explorations: Participate in hands-on learning with schools and departments from across campus.
- Tar Heels Talk Sessions: Tar Heels Talk sessions encourage participants to discuss issues affecting their lives and to learn about what others think about these issues.
- Recreational Activities: Explore the recreation options for students on Carolina’s Campus. Some activities include basketball, volleyball, soccer, movies & games, salsa and Franklin Street tours.
- PU Culture Show: Performances from UNC student performance groups – singing, dancing, stepping, spoken word and more.
- PU Extravaganza: Music, dancing and games with your fellow participants.