Applying to Project Uplift & Uplift PLUS
Project Uplift applicants will be notified of our decision via email by the end of March 2020. If you have also applied for the Uplift PLUS program, you will receive an additional email, by the end of March.
Students must attend Project Uplift to participate in Uplift PLUS.
1. How to Apply:
- Step 1: Review the Project Uplift and Uplift PLUS Criteria and determine whether you would like to be considered for just Project Uplift or both Project Uplift and Uplift PLUS.
- Step 2: Review the Project Uplift application’s required components.
- Step 3: Review a PDF of a sample essay questions and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
- Step 4: You will need to submit an unofficial transcript with your application. Therefore, you will need to reach out to a guidance counselor or college adviser at your school as soon as possible to request a copy (preferably a PDF) of your unofficial transcript.
- Step 5: Click APPLY NOW and complete your 2020 application. Remember, there is one application for both Project Uplift and Uplift PLUS!
- Step 6: Once submitted, keep checking for an email from Project Uplift that confirms receipt of your completed application. Please note that confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission.
- List of school and community activities and leadership positions
- One 200-250 word response
- One 350-500 word essay
- Unofficial transcript (required)
- Uplift PLUS applicants must complete a supplemental 250-650 word essay.
**Applicants do NOT need a counselor’s nomination in order to apply for Project Uplift & Uplift PLUS**
PROJECT UPLIFT: Once admitted, there is a $45 non-refundable registration fee to secure your spot. There are no other costs associated with the Project Uplift programs. Fee waivers are available upon request. More information will be provided once admitted.
UPLIFT PLUS: The cost of Uplift PLUS is $1,800, which covers tuition, room and board, all meals, books, SAT/ACT coaching, and weekend activities. Payment plans and scholarship applications are available upon request. Students will receive more information once they have been accepted into the program.