Applying to NC Renaissance
NCR applicants will be notified of our decision via email by the end of April 2020.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Review the North Carolina Renaissance eligibility requirements.
- Step 2: Review the North Carolina Renaissance application required components.
- Step 3: You will need to submit an unofficial transcript with your application. Therefore, you will need to reach out to a guidance counselor or college adviser at your school, as soon as possible, to request a copy (preferably a PDF) of your unofficial transcript.
- Step 4: Click APPLY NOW and complete your 2020 application.
- Step 5: Once submitted, keep checking for an email from North Carolina Renaissance that confirms receipt of your completed application. Please note that confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission.
Dates & Deadlines:
- Program Date: July 8–11, 2020
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. EST
North Carolina Renaissance (NCR) applicants must be rising high school juniors, from rural communities in North Carolina, who have shown outstanding academic ability. Rural counties are designated Tier 1 or Tier 2 by the NC Department of Commerce. The objective of the program is to inspire high-achieving scholars to pursue their educational aspirations while developing unique leadership skills. Therefore, students should be academically motivated and enrolled in a rigorous course curriculum. NCR applicants should show active involvement in extracurricular activities and have demonstrated leadership.
- List of school and community activities and leadership positions
- Two 200-250 word responses
- One 250-650 word essays
- Unofficial transcript (required)
Once admitted, there is a $25 non-refundable registration fee to secure your spot. There are no other costs associated with the North Carolina Renaissance program. Fee waivers are available upon request. More information will be provided once admitted.