Applying to NCR
You will be notified of our decision via email by mid-March 2019. Applicants do not need a counselor nomination to apply to NCR.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Review the North Carolina Renaissance eligibility.
- Step 2: Review the North Carolina Renaissance application required components.
- Step 3: Review the PDF below of a sample blank application and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
- Step 4: You will need to submit an unofficial transcript with your application. Therefore, you will need to reach out to a guidance counselor or college advisor at your school, as soon as possible, to request a copy (preferably a PDF) of your unofficial transcript.
- Step 5: Click APPLY NOW and complete your 2019 application.
- Step 6: Once submitted, keep checking for an email from North Carolina Renaissance that confirms receipt of your completed application. Please note that confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission.
Dates & Deadlines:
- Program Date: July 10–13, 2019
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. EST
North Carolina Renaissance (NCR) applicants must be rising high school juniors, from rural communities in North Carolina, who have shown outstanding academic ability. The objective of the program is to inspire high-achieving scholars to pursue their educational aspirations while developing unique leadership skills. Therefore, students should be academically motivated and enrolled in a rigorous course curriculum. NCR applicants should show active involvement in extracurricular activities and have demonstrated leadership.
- List of school and community activities and leadership positions
- Two 200-250 word responses
- Two 250-650 word essays
- Unofficial transcript (required)
**Applicants do NOT need a counselor’s nomination in order to apply for North Carolina Renaissance**
Once admitted, there is a $25 non-refundable registration fee to secure your spot. There are no other costs associated with the North Carolina Renaissance program. Fee waivers are available upon request. More information will be provided once admitted.
We strongly encourage you to review the following SAMPLE blank application (below). If you have any questions, please contact us.
*Please Note: We will ONLY accept submissions via our online application. You CANNOT complete this PDF and email it; any/all emailed PDF submissions will NOT be accepted.