North Carolina Renaissance (NCR)
North Carolina Renaissance (NCR) is a pre-college summer enrichment program that enables high-achieving rising juniors from rural communities in North Carolina to experience college life on Carolina‘s historic campus. NCR is a four-day program that will inspire students to pursue their educational aspirations while developing unique leadership skills. Rural counties are designated Tier 1 or Tier 2 by the NC Department of Commerce.
By participating in NCR, students will:
- Experience life in Carolina’s residence halls, dining halls and recreation facilities.
- Establish personal relationships with world-renowned faculty, staff and current students.
- Learn about admissions procedures and college affordability.
- Develop leadership skills and participate in community service activities.
- Receive test-taking strategies and resources for the ACT & SAT
- Engage one-on-one with representatives from UNC’s Offices of Admissions and Scholarships & Student Aid.
- Participate in academic, social, cultural and experiential learning activities.
North Carolina Renaissance 2019 Date
July 10-13, 2019
Browse answers to commonly asked questions in the FAQ section or contact us with any additional questions.