- 1 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Drop-Off and Registration Begins Student Union
- 2 9:15 – 10:00 a.m. Tar Heel Preview Day Kick-Off, Welcome and Group Assignments Student Union, Great Hall
- 3 10:15 – 11:15 a.m. Academic/Leadership Sessions Across the UNC-CH Campus
- 4 11:15 a.m. – 12:40 p.m. Tour, Lunch and Dismissal Chase Dining Hall
8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Drop-Off and Registration Begins
Schools and groups may begin dropping off students at the Student Union, 209 South Rd. There will be volunteers to guide groups to the registration and opening session, which will be in the Great Hall.
The GPS address for the Student Union is:
209 South Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
A campus map is located here. Key points are in the visitor parking and athletic facilities sections. See legend below:
K-8: Student Union (Drop off/Opening Session)
P-25: Dean E. Smith Center (Bus Parking)
P2: Rams Head Parking Deck (Car/Van Parking)
For Parking: Buses must park in front of the Dean E. Smith Center (300 Skipper Bowles Drive). Vans and cars must park in the Rams Head parking deck (330 Ridge Rd). Please email email@example.com if you are planning to drive a car or van.
9:15 – 10:00 a.m.
Tar Heel Preview Day Kick-Off, Welcome and Group Assignments
Student Union, Great Hall
Students will receive a Carolina welcome from faculty, staff, and students, including members of The University Office for Diversity and Inclusion. This is an opportunity that students do not want to miss!
10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
Across the UNC-CH Campus
Students will participate in academic or leadership sessions during which they will have the opportunity to interact with Carolina faculty, staff and/or students. This will allow students to apply critical thinking skills, learn more about the academic experience at Carolina and have hands-on experience in a particular area.
Chaperones and students will be assigned a group. Chaperones will be assigned a group that corresponds with students from their school. No student from your school will be in a group without a chaperone from your school.
11:15 a.m. – 12:40 p.m.
Tour, Lunch and Dismissal
Chase Dining Hall
Students will be given a tour of campus and have lunch in Chase Dining Hall. The dining hall is buffet style eating and there will be no pre-assigned seating. It is recommended that as each group enters the dining hall, you identify where you would like to sit (you will likely need to be spread out among a few tables) and then help guide your students through the buffet. For students with dietary restrictions, the buffet has dietary information for each dish on a screen near the area.
- Please note, there will be students and other University affiliates present in the dining hall.*
- Students and chaperones should dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. There will be a lot of walking.
- Students will be placed in groups across schools. Chaperones will be assigned a group that corresponds with students from their school.
- There are no fees to attend Tar Heel Preview Day but you must have received an invitation and completed a registration to attend.