- 1 8:30 a.m. Drop-Off and Registration Begins – Frank Porter Graham (FPG) Student Union
- 2 8:30 A.M. – 9:45 A.M. Tar Heel Preview Day Kick-Off, Welcome, and Group Assignments – Frank Porter Graham Student Union
- 3 10:15 A.M. – 11:45 A.M. Academic/Leadership Sessions – Across the UNC-CH Campus
- 4 12:00 P.M. – 1:45 P.M. Tour, Lunch, and Dismissal
8:30 a.m. Drop-Off and Registration Begins – Frank Porter Graham (FPG) Student Union
Schools and groups may begin dropping off students at the FPG Student Union. The access point for drop-off is on South Road. There will be volunteers to guide groups to the registration and opening session location. The GPS address for the FPG Student Union is:
209 South Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
For a visual map, visit the Union directions page: https://carolinaunion.unc.edu/about-union/visiting-union
For Parking: Buses must park in front of the Dean Dome (Skipper Bowles Dr). Vans and cars must park in the Rams Head parking deck.
8:30 A.M. – 9:45 A.M. Tar Heel Preview Day Kick-Off, Welcome, and Group Assignments – Frank Porter Graham Student Union
Students will receive a Carolina welcome from faculty, staff, and students, including members of Diversity & Inclusion. This is an opportunity that students do not want to miss.
10:15 A.M. – 11:45 A.M. Academic/Leadership Sessions – Across the UNC-CH Campus
Students will participate in academic or leadership sessions where they will have the opportunity to interact with Carolina faculty, staff, and/or students. This will allow students to apply critical thinking skills, learn more about the academic experience at Carolina, and have hands-on experience in a particular area.
Please alert our office at 919-843-6086 or email@example.com if there are accessibility or mobility challenges. Chaperones and students will be assigned a group.
12:00 P.M. – 1:45 P.M. Tour, Lunch, and Dismissal
Students will be given a tour of campus and have lunch in Chase Dining Hall. The dining hall is buffet style eating and there will be no pre-assigned seating. It is recommended that as each group enter the dining hall, you identify where you would like to sit (you will likely need to be spread out among a few tables) and then help guide your students through the buffet. Note for students with dietary restrictions, the buffet has dietary information for each dish on a screen near the server. There will be no formal dismissal, please feel free to be dismissed after your group finishes eating. There will be volunteers placed outside of the dining hall to help guide groups back to the buses as needed and Tar Heel Preview Day staff will be present in the dining hall to assist with any needs and answer any questions.
*Please note, there will be students and other University affiliates present in the dining hall.*
- Students and chaperones should dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. There will be walking.
- Students will be placed in groups across schools. Chaperones will be assigned a group that corresponds with students from their school.
- There are no fees to attend Tar Heel Preview Day but you must have received an invitation and completed a registration to attend.