2018-2019 LMP Mentor Application
The Latinx Mentoring Program is introducing a student-led committee designed to aid in the management and design of the Latinx Mentoring Program. Therefore, LMP is seeking dedicated, creative students to join its team.
LMP focuses on four key components:
- Relationship building
- Educational development
- A welcoming cultural environment
- A support network
As relationships grow among students, faculty, alumni, and community members, we will create an environment to support educational development.
- Attend the Carolina Latinx Collaborative (CLC)Open House in August 2019
- Attend scheduled monthly Comunidad Session. The full calendar of events will be posted in August 2018
- Maintain contact with your mentor/mentee at least 3-4 times per semester. Contact may occur in person, online or via text.
- Have a positive attitude and enjoy your time as a mentor/Mentee!
Students must possess the following:
- A flexible schedule, allowing for mandatory bi-weekly committee meetings and about 1-2 hours a week of outside preparation
- Willingness to learn and work with a team
- Creativity and a passion to help students
- Past experience as mentor/mentee for LMP preferred, but not required
- Applicants of all backgrounds accepted. *Not Latinx exclusive
As a mentor, you will be aiding in LMP’s mission to provide a home for, improve the retention rates of, and promote positive college experiences for Latinx students at UNC.
- Gaining new leadership skills and fortifying existing ones
- Opportunities for professional and social networking
- Access to educational, social, and professional resources
To apply to become an LMP mentor, please complete the application form below: