Dear Carolina Community,
It is that time of year again where we recognize people and groups that have given their time and effort to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at Carolina and in our surrounding community. This work continues to be important as we build our community together, and we ask you to consider nominating individuals and group collaborations for the 14th Annual Diversity Awards.
The Diversity Awards Committee will be accepting nominations for the awards beginning Monday, January 10, 2022. The deadline for submissions is Monday, February 25, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
This year, one award will be given in each of the following six categories:
- Undergraduate Student
- Graduate/Professional Student
- Intergroup Collaboration (an effort by units/groups/programs to bring together multiple perspectives to address a critical issue of diversity, equity and/or inclusion at Carolina or in the community)
Nominations should reflect the ways a nominee has met at least one of the following criteria:
- Served as an outstanding advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion at the interpersonal, unit and/or institutional level;
- Demonstrated a sustained commitment to the advancement of diversity, equity and inclusion at UNC-Chapel Hill and/or in the community through research, teaching, service and/or collaborative partnerships;
- Demonstrated a commitment to creating a culture of inclusion within their areas of influence and modeled respect or inclusive treatment when interacting with others; and/or
- Implemented an initiative, project and/or program that cultivates/advances/models diversity, equity and inclusion at Carolina or in the community.
Nominations should be submitted electronically at UNC 2022 Diversity Award Nomination.
Details about the award and the nomination process are available at diversity.unc.edu/programs/awards/. For further information, please contact the University Office for Diversity and Inclusion at email@example.com.
Leah Cox, PhD
Vice Provost for Equity & Inclusion/
Chief Diversity Officer
View All News