Pride Week at Carolina (April 6–13) is a partnership between the LGBTQ Center, student organizations, University departments, and community organizations to host events that center themes of history, inclusion, intersectionality, expression, and advocacy within Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, and Asexual (LGBTIQA+) communities.
Collaborating sponsors have pledged to:
- ensure the affirmation of LGBTQIA+ individuals, especially those with multiple marginalized identities;
- align with the LGBTQ Center’s mission of fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for UNC-Chapel Hill community members of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions
- plan using the principles of Universal Design, so that events will be accessible by all people, to the greatest extent possible, without the need for individual adaptation
- prioritize spaces and venues that have gender non-specific restrooms or allow temporary signage affirming the right for transgender people to use the restroom of their choice
- ensure that planning for events center the input, voices, leadership, and experiences of people within the LGBTQ community
Over 20 events will take place, including Safe Zone trainings, LGBTQ+ Abroad sessions, special speakers, screenings, panel discussions, activities and more.
FULL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS HERE