The Trump administration has rescinded the ruling that would have forced international students to either transfer or leave the U.S. if their schools opted for online-only classes as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
This decision came about as the first of eight federal lawsuits (brought by Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology ) was about to be heard.
- Trump Administration Rescinds Rule on Foreign Students by Collin Binkley | AP/NPR.org
- Trump Administration Drops Restriction on Online-Only Instruction for Foreign Students by Priscilla Alvarez | CNN.com
- Trump Administration Walks Back Rule That Would Have Stripped Some Foreign Student Visas | NYtimes.com
- Trump Admin Rescinds In-Person Teaching Requirement for Foreign Students by Quinn Owen | abcnews.com
- Trump Administration Rescinds Student Visa Rules by Claire Hansen | usnews.com
- Foreign Students in US: Trump Administration Drops Deportation Plans | bbc.com