Please consider nominating individuals for the annual Diversity Awards. This is an opportunity to recognize people and group collaborations who have given their time and effort to further diversity, equity and inclusion at Carolina and in our surrounding community.
The Diversity Awards committee will be accepting nominations for the awards beginning Friday, Jan. 10. The deadline for submissions is Friday, Feb. 14. Awards will be given in these six categories:
- Undergraduate Student
- Graduate/Professional Student
- Intergroup Collaboration (an effort by units/groups/programs to bring together multiple perspectives to address a critical issue of equity or diversity at Carolina)
Nominations should reflect the ways a nominee has:
- Advocated for diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Demonstrated a sustained commitment to the advancement of diversity, equity and inclusion at UNC-Chapel Hill and/or in the community;
- Modeled respect or inclusive treatment when interacting with others; and/or
- Implemented an initiative, event or program which cultivates diversity and inclusion
For further information, please contact the University Office for Diversity and Inclusion at email@example.com.