The Diversity Awards committee is now accepting nominations for the award. The University Diversity Award serves an opportunity to recognize the contribution, time, and effort of Carolina community members towards advancing an inclusive climate for excellent in teaching, research, public service, and academic endeavor. The deadline for submissions is March 2.
Awards will be given in six categories:
- Undergraduate Student
- Graduate/Professional Student
- Intergroup Collaboration
Awards criteria are:
- Outstanding advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion at the interpersonal, unit and institutional level
- Demonstrates a commitment to the advancement of diversity and inclusion at UNC-Chapel Hill and/or in the community through research, teaching, service and collaborative partnerships
- Demonstrates a commitment to creating a culture of inclusion within their areas of influence
- Implements initiatives which cultivate/advance/model diversity and inclusion within the Carolina community
Nominations can be submitted electronically at UNC 2018 Diversity Awards Nomination.
The award selection committee, made up of faculty, staff and students, will engage in a blind review of applications and apply a broad definition of diversity and inclusion for selection of finalists in each category. Further details about the award and the nomination process are available at https://diversity.unc.edu/programs/awards/.
For further information, please contact Diversity & Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.