DMA enriches lives and prepares students to be global leaders.
Our office has many opportunities for foundations, corporations, and businesses interested in partnering with and supporting diversity at Carolina. We recognize that innovation is where diversity meets creativity. DMA offers a variety of resources for your organization that aims to diversify, to build your cultural capacity, and to position your organization to enhance its social responsibility.
DMA attracts and develops diverse talent through our student recruitment and development programs. We provide academic, corporate, and non-profit organizations with professional development by offering cultural competence and diversity trainings and workshops. Our office engages diverse communities through our community engagement and external relations work. Lastly, we provide opportunity for social responsibility—corporations, businesses and foundations interested in supporting diversity.
Learn more how DMA can be a resource for you.
Student Recruitment and Development
- The Carolina Millennial Scholars Program is a specially designed program to promote academic and professional success among minority male.
- Our recruitment and outreach programs through the Minority Student Recruitment Committee (MSRC) enables DMA to serve as a “first” access point for future Carolina students. Read more…
- Cultural Competence Leadership Institute—The Cultural Competence Leadership Institute (CCLI) offers a series of bi-weekly workshops, simulations, and experiential learning opportunities for learning the knowledge, behaviors, and skills necessary to be a culturally competent scholar. Read more…
- Diversity Education & Research Center—DMA offers a several trainings and workshops that can assist organizations in team building, expanding its diversity awareness and cultural competence, enhancing its community responsiveness, and developing short-term diversity strategies. Request a Training.
- Consulting Services—For organizations looking for more long-term and strategic planning assistance, DMA offers consulting services designed to assist your organization in creating a more inclusive and diverse environment.
Community Engagement and Partnerships
- The MLK Day of Service is a campus-wide outreach effort in the community where business and corporations can support and/or have employees participate.
- DMA bridges Latino communities and youth with the University through its Carolina Latina/o Collaborative, which draws on the support of campus, community, and business partners interested in connecting with the Latino population.
- Through DMA, the University has an ongoing partnership with the MLK Community-University Partnership Board, which provides scholarships to local area youth.
- There are many other opportunities for corporations and businesses to join the university in its community engagement on our Community and Alumni Resources page. Read more…
Opportunities for Support
- Support Diversity and Outreach programs at Carolina and give to DMA. Read more…
- Consider providing internships or serving as a mentor to diverse students. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us if you are interested in serving as a speaker or volunteering your expertise.
For additional information or questions, please contact DMA at email@example.com.