DMA enriches lives and prepares students to be global leaders.
Our office has many opportunities for foundations, corporations, and businesses interested in partnering with and supporting diversity at Carolina. We recognize that innovation is where diversity meets creativity. DMA offers a variety of resources for your organization that aims to diversify, to build your cultural capacity, and to position your organization to enhance its social responsibility.
DMA attracts and develops diverse talent through our student recruitment and development programs. We provide academic, corporate, and non-profit organizations with professional development by offering cultural competence and diversity trainings and workshops. Our office engages diverse communities through our community engagement and external relations work. Lastly, we provide opportunity for social responsibility—corporations, businesses and foundations interested in supporting diversity.
Learn more how DMA can be a resource for you.
Student Recruitment and Development
- The Carolina Millennial Scholars Program is a specially designed program to promote academic and professional success among minority male.
- Our recruitment and outreach programs through the Minority Student Recruitment Committee (MSRC) enables DMA to serve as a “first” access point for future Carolina students. Read more…
- College to Corporate (C2C) is an initiative led by Inclusive Student Excellence in Diversity and Multicultural Affairs (DMA). C2C incorporates innovative skill development strategies with executive leadership principles to enhance the professional and personal growth of Carolina students to maximize their potential for excellence in corporate leadership. C2C participants will receive skill development for competitive self-branding, strategies for navigating complex corporate environments, exposure to relevant networking opportunities, and Academic and career coaching.C2C will prepare students to thrive in corporate organizations, particularly DMA’s Corporate Advisory Partners (CAPs). If you are interested in learning more about C2C, contact Sophia Figueroa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Development and Supplier Diversity
- Diversity Education & Research Center—DMA offers a several trainings and workshops that can assist organizations in team building, expanding its diversity awareness and cultural competence, enhancing its community responsiveness, and developing short-term diversity strategies. Request a Training.
- Consulting Services—For organizations looking for more long-term and strategic planning assistance, DMA offers consulting services designed to assist your organization in creating a more inclusive and diverse environment.
- Under the Division of Finance and Administration, the office for Historically Under-Utilized Businesses ensures and promotes equal and increased opportunities for all segments of the design and construction community to participate in University construction projects. The University seeks to include those businesses owned by minorities that have been historically underutilized and excluded from the design, prime contractor, and subcontractor markets. The University encourages all those associated with the University construction program to commit to this goal through a good faith effort.
Community Engagement and Partnerships
- The MLK Day of Service is a campus-wide outreach effort in the community where business and corporations can support and/or have employees participate.
- DMA bridges Latino communities and youth with the University through its Carolina Latina/o Collaborative, which draws on the support of campus, community, and business partners interested in connecting with the Latino population.
- Through DMA, the University has an ongoing partnership with the MLK Community-University Partnership Board, which provides scholarships to local area youth.
- There are many other opportunities for corporations and businesses to join the university in its community engagement on our Community and Alumni Resources page. Read more…
Opportunities for Support
- Support Diversity and Outreach programs at Carolina and give to DMA. Read more…
- Consider providing internships or serving as a mentor to diverse students. Contact us at email@example.com.
- Contact us if you are interested in serving as a speaker or volunteering your expertise.
For additional information or questions, please contact DMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.